So, this doesn't deserve a whole version number tick, but I didn't want to wait for enough other new stuff... I sure hope the Versioning System Police don't come knocking. Open up the Messages window. Try hitting "," or "." on your keyboard (comma or period).
Hello! After some more testing and bugfixes (not to mention a goodly amount of new content), I present to you... a new version. There are some technical changes, but mostly this is a content release.
- New girl, Holo the Wise Wolf. She currently has two special events and a departure mission - expect a few more things from her in the next release.
- Dozens of new images, at least one for every girl (Jill is about 50% new and improved).
- New place to explore - the Market - and an event with three variants for that location (two of the three variants require a very slutty girl to trigger)
- Renamed Dark Magician Girl to Mana, and added Talking variants specific to her
- Dropped support for loading saves from below version 0.5
- Final message to signal that the tutorial is over.
- API improvement for checking user-selected options for actions.
- Files are now loaded dynamically using AJAX, rather than static <script> tags in index.html. If you're developing custom content, see content/girls/girls.js for an example of the new format.
- Included one-click Java webserver for playing the game locally (to support the above change).
Whew, that's quite a list. If you play the game locally, continue reading below.
So, I've been busy with other things recently, but got some good work in on the game today. To that end, I'm pushing the changes so far up to Dev.
These changes include:
If you vote other, let me know what it is! I'm curious.
Goddamn it Chrome, you ruin everything.
in a nice, separate, human readable file, you get a hundred lines of <script> tags in index.html, which you have to edit every time you want to add content.