I played through the latest release these past couple of days, and thought I'd give a review of the game.
This post gets an image of Monbach because while he'd enjoy the game, I can't particularly say I'm thrilled. Karter would probably play it, and masturbate furiously the whole time, but he'd be a bit ashamed of himself afterwards.
- There is a lot of content. Most RPG maker games (well, most free games in general) are short. Harem has lots of people to talk to, lots of quests to do, lots of maps to look at.
- The plot and pacing are tight. The plot has been done before, but that's no strike against it - most things have. The pacing in perfect, drawing you along fast but not too fast. It's easy to get invested in the save-the-kingdom-from-demons plot - I really do want to know what happens next.
- The writing (other than the sex scenes) is well done. It manages to avoid corniness and even achieve some very inspired, real moments.
- The main character is evil, plain and simple. I took the "good" path, and still the main character is more or less pure evil. He rapes and mind controls any women who comes across his path, announcing to all the world that his quest to gather slaves, take them across the ocean and sell them is noble. Worst of all, people agree with him. Not just those that he's mind-controlled, but everyone he explains it to announces that he's a hero, men and women alike. Two of his slaves (dark skinned "savages") mistake him for a god - even before he's raped them and mind controlled them.
- Despite having dozens of female characters, it fails the Bechdel test. The only thing they ever talk about with eachother is the Male Main Character. He's the center of their world.
- The sex scenes are mostly lists of physical acts. He stuck his dick in her pussy. She moaned. He pounded into her.
- It's really, really sexist. Do you really need women literally worshipping your cock, saying that not being able to taste your cum was the worst part of being imprisoned, raped and tortured? How about the lesbian who "secretly wants men but won't admit it?" Or women orgasming from the first touch of your cock to their lips? I've read well-done male power fantasies before, and this was not one of them.
- The in-game artwork consists of 3D renders. They mostly have bad anatomy and the faces are expressionless. I'd rather not have any artwork at all - it actively detracted from the experience.
So overall, I can't really recommend it. If you like Mind Control and don't mind 3D renders, you might want to give it a try, but otherwise I think you're better off just splitting the time you'd spend on it between Final Fantasy (pick your favorite number) and SlaveMaker (which is much less sexist than Harem by a good margin).