So, first a progress update. Here are some of the big changes you can expect in the next version:
- Time slots (Morning, Evening, Night) instead of hours.
- Changes in stats - no more "Skill", but instead two tracks of "content cleared" - H (NSFW) and Normal, to tell you how many of her events you've seen.
- Changes in the customer system to make it more transparent.
- Girls do something all the time, even when you're not paying attention - Hathawa sometimes cleans the Onsen when she's bored, attends classes, and spends a lot of time in the library.
- Hectic days (too much to do, can't do everything at once) rather than boring ("I guess I'll work again because there's nothing else").
It won't be ready for some time still - there's a lot of code re-writting to do to change some of the core conceits of the engine. Hopefully ~1 week yet.
Second, a some comments on Daibanchou.
If you haven't played it before, I highly recommend it. Easy to find for free for English speakers, hard to figure out how to buy. ^^;;
It's not perfect of course, but it is very, very good. Since I like bulleted lists, I'll put one here too. :)
- Lots of replayability. Two main story branches, six possible heroines, 100+ characters each distinct in their own way. Some are silly, others interesting, but only a few feel bland.
- Some parts are a little tedious. Battles are initially interesting, but feel a little strained after you do a hundred of them.
- Not very much explanation. You have to figure out the game system by jumping in - and with permadeath for characters, mistakes sometimes require reloading from a save.
- There's so freaking much to do. Seriously, it would take a dozen playthroughs to explore everything, and that's with the wiki guiding your way.
In short, it's the game I wish I were making. Version 0.6 steals some of the ideas I like, while hopefully still avoiding some of the problems.