Hello! After some more testing and bugfixes (not to mention a goodly amount of new content), I present to you... a new version. There are some technical changes, but mostly this is a content release.
- New girl, Holo the Wise Wolf. She currently has two special events and a departure mission - expect a few more things from her in the next release.
- Dozens of new images, at least one for every girl (Jill is about 50% new and improved).
- New place to explore - the Market - and an event with three variants for that location (two of the three variants require a very slutty girl to trigger)
- Renamed Dark Magician Girl to Mana, and added Talking variants specific to her
- Dropped support for loading saves from below version 0.5
- Final message to signal that the tutorial is over.
- API improvement for checking user-selected options for actions.
- Files are now loaded dynamically using AJAX, rather than static <script> tags in index.html. If you're developing custom content, see content/girls/girls.js for an example of the new format.
- Included one-click Java webserver for playing the game locally (to support the above change).
Whew, that's quite a list. If you play the game locally, continue reading below.
There should be relatively few bugs in this release - considering extended testing on the part of some users, I expect most of them have been caught already. But as always, please report! I can't improve or fix things unless I know there's a problem.
As mentioned in my last post, playing the game locally may now require some extra work. Namely, instead of just opening index.html, you have to first run WebServerLite.jar (which may require installing Java), then visit 127.0.0.1.
See README.md for more details.