If you vote other, let me know what it is! I'm curious.
Goddamn it Chrome, you ruin everything.
in a nice, separate, human readable file, you get a hundred lines of <script> tags in index.html, which you have to edit every time you want to add content.
Summarized from 2008:
- "Firefox does it.."
- "How can we do it?"
- some time passes
- "Here are the patches"
- "Passes! On trunk wonder what happens in the next dev release"
- "Ahhh it's broken" "Use the command line option" "ok"
- "We shipped!"
- "WTF guys? You broke all my stuff! Why didn't you tell us earlier?"
- "Hey guys, let's fix this."
- "Here's a way we could fix this without making things insecure."
- "Why can I still not create webapps that work locally in Chrome, when they work fine in FF, Safari, IE, Opera..."
This is also why all of the content looks like this instead of this. So... I'm asking what browser you all use, as I consider dropping support for local versions of Chrome. Note that there is a workaround: if you start Chrome with the "--allow-file-access-from-files" option, it will work fine. Kind of annoying that the switch isn't even configurable from inside the program...